It won’t be wrong if I say:
“ The control of ants permanently in lawns is no more a tedious job”
But finding the best lawn ant killer isn’t an easy task if you’re not sure which one is most effective and give long-lasting results.
For this reason, all of our efforts is to make a list of top-rated lawn ant killer. After researching and spending hours in testing these ant killers, we’ve shortlisted 6 best ant killer, which can solve your ant problems effectively.
Things to Consider When Buying a Lawn Ant Killer
There are different types of lawn ant killer you can purchase. To refine your search, you’ll need to consider the below factors.
While looking for a product, you’ll discover there’s a handful of lawn ant killer to choose. These include: sprays, powder, gels, and granules. Sprays work immediately and allow you to kill ants whenever you spray them instantly. However, sprays aren’t effective at killing the nest at the source.
Powders work by attracting the ants to the substance. The powder then sticks to the ant as they take it back to their nest, which kills the entire colony. Powders are more effective than sprays in the long-run, but they don’t get to work instantly, so you’ll need to remain patient.
Gels work by attracting the ants to the formula to then kill them. For many people, this can sound daunting as your lawn will soon become infested with an array of ants. But perceiver, and you won’t have an ant infestation again. However, gels aren’t waterproof and require around two days to dry before it becomes effective, so check the weather before applying.
Don’t assume all lawn ant killers are waterproof, because they’re not. If you’re using the ant killer outside, you can’t rely on a sunny, warm day to apply the solution. Check that the product is effective when it’s raining outside.
*Best Lawn Ant Killer:
1.TERRO T901-6 Ant Killer Plus 3lb. Shaker Bag(2Pack)
Looking for the best way to successfully control the ants from your lawn? Then, look no further. TERRO T901-6 Ant Killer is one of the most effective pesticides for ants.
This powerful ant killer works efficiently to eliminate not only ant but also other unwanted pests including cockroaches, waterbugs, fleas, mites, millipedes, earwigs, fire ants & other insects on contact.
This best lawn ant killer is easy to use- just open and grab the handle at the bottom of the bag and spread the granules. Forget the hassle of using broadcaster or chemical spreader.
- Multi-purpose insect control
- Provides long-lasting residual repellency
- Packaged in a convenient shaker bag
- Easy to use
- Suitable for outdoor use only
2.Terro 1806 Outdoor Liquid Ant Baits, 1.0 fl. oz. – 6 count
Want a solution to get rid of the ant-related problem in your favorite lawn? Then, Terro 1806 is one of the most effective exterior baits for a broad variety of ants, especially for tree ants.
This proven formula Kills all common ants you see and the ants you don’t see including ghost ants, Argentine ants, pavement ants, cornfield ants, white-footed ants, acrobat ants.
In addition, these liquid ant baits attract and kill ants outside before they get inside.
- Ideal for large ant infestations
- Attracts and kills all common household ants
- Comes with ready to use 6 large 1 oz. pre-filled ant bait stations
- Patented design to keep the liquid bait from drying out
- Enclosed stakes for additional security
- Very simple to use
- Attract ants very fast
- Weatherproof outdoor baits
- Need to monitor the bait stations regularly for activity
3.Amdro Fire Ant Bait Granules, 1 pound
Want mass destruction of fire ants?
Definitely, you got it.
Yes, Amdro Fire Ant Bait Granules are one of the awesome ant killers for total termination of ants. Amdro is a proven and cost-effective control of fire ants.
This powerful ant bait not only works against native and imported fire ants but also equally effective to kill other ants such as big-headed ants, harvester ants, and Argentine ants.
Moreover, you can apply this lawn ant killer on lawns as well as landscaped areas, commercial areas, grounds surrounding poultry houses and other animal holding areas.
- Works against visible and hidden mounds
- Built-in delay reaction to killing all the ants in the colony
- Prevents the formation of new mounds
- Most effective
- Season-long ant control
- Not suitable to use during periods of rain
4.AMDRO Quick Kill Ready to Spray Lawn and Landscape Insect Killer, 32 oz.
AMDRO Quick Kill Ready to Spray Lawn and Landscape Insect Killer can kill more than 500 types of insects.
Yes, this pesticide is so efficient and reliable that on contact it can destroy unwanted insects to keep your lawn looking fresh and green. Its fast killing action destroys ants including mosquitos, cutworms, fleas, chinch bugs, whiteflies and other listed pests.
- Made from a liquid substance
- No mixing or measuring required
- Works in minutes and lasts up to 90 days
- Safe to use on lawns, flower and vegetable gardens, shrubs, trees and more
- Safe for pets and children (they can reenter the treated area once it has tried)
- Immediate control of ants
- Easy to apply
- Not suitable to apply during rain
5.Amdro Kills Ants & Spiders Granules Shaker Bag 3lb
Looking for a quick solution of ant-related problems?
Then, Amdro Kills Ants & Spiders Granules Shaker Bag is just for your lawns. It’s fast acting and deep-reaching components quickly eliminate ants as well as over 50 listed insects including spiders, mole crickets, ticks, fleas and chinch bug on contact.
You can apply this 3lb granule up to 2,500 square ft. lawns, flower gardens or home perimeter.
- Fast acting and deep-reaching formula
- Able to treat up to 2500 Sq. Ft area
- Perforated bag to make it easy to spread
- Guaranteed to work
- Works instantly
- Covers large area
- Not suitable to use inside if you’ve kids or dogs
6.Terro T1812-2 Outdoor Liquid Ant Killer Bait Stakes (2 Pack)
Your ant killer kills the ant you see, but what about the ants you don’t see?
Terro T1812-2 Outdoor Liquid Ant Killer Bait Stakes are absolutely amazing products to wipe all common household ants and their colonies.
Its slow killing mechanism allows worker ants to transport bait to their queen and the colony and thus completely eliminate ants. Enjoy your lawn again with this effective ant killer bait stakes.
- Attracts and kills all common household ants
- Tiered pack to enhance bait consumption and reduce waste
- Tiered bait stairs for easy access to bait
- See-through window for easy monitoring of bait level
- Reinforced stake ridges for added strength
- Easy to open – simply break off the bait pack tab
- Works extremely well
- Long-term ant control
- Waterproof bait stakes
- Nothing found yet
Considerably, when the market is overwhelmed with a lot of lawn ant killers, finding the effective one is not easy. Our this list of ant killer keeps in mind things such as the solution that you need for your lawn ant-related problem and how much you’re willing to spend on ant killing and controlling process.
Hope, our list helps you to pick the best lawn ant killer according to your need of lawn.
Enjoy your greener and healthier lawn!